Terpenes are terrific, and people are starting to learn this! Many CBD oils you can find on the market today are packed full of a wide spectrum of terpenes. Terpenes, you say, just what are terpenes?
Cannabis terpene blends help to give particular varieties of cannabis their unique characteristics, such as flavour and aroma. Many people ask the question, will weed terpenes get me high? The answer, in short, is no. However, some terpenes are labelled as psychoactive because they do have particular effects on the brain.
There is a great big world full of terpenes out there. Cannabis is said to contain at least 150 terpenes or more, with only a dozen or so found to have highly concentrated levels. However, when you venture out beyond cannabis, science estimates there are nearly 20,000 terpenes on our planet, if not more.
Some of the common terpene blends found in cannabis, along with the commonly reported qualities of these terpenes, are listed below.
- Trans-nerolidol strain profiles: is a citrusy floral and Woody terpene. The aroma is often described as a mix of apples, rose, and citrus.
- Linalool strain profiles: has a spicy floral aroma. It is present in mint, coriander, cinnamon, and lavender. It is popular for bedtime products such as lotions, bath bombs, soaps, and more.
- Geraniol strain profiles: is a terpene often used in lotions and bath products. Its fragrance is one of plums mixed with peaches and Rose grass. This terpene is also present in tobacco and lemons.
- Limonene strain profiles: is a terpene that has a strong citrus aroma. It is commonly associated with lemons instead of limes, as the name would suggest. While limonene is one of the most common terpenes found in most varieties of cannabis, it is also present throughout a wide variety of citrus fruits and plants as well.
- Alpha-Pinene & Beta-Pinene strain profiles: both of these terpenes are abundant in coniferous trees around the world. They are also found in many other places, such as orange peels, parsley, basil, and rosemary. Many people go to the forest to take a breath of fresh air because these terpenes exist in abundance there.
- Caryophyllene strain profiles: is a terpene found in basil, rosemary, cinnamon, cloves, oregano, black pepper, and cannabis.
- Valencene strain profiles: is a citrusy terpene that is commonly found in Valencia oranges, where its name is derived from. It presents a strong flavour and aroma that have various uses, from food additives to insect repellent and more.
- Myrcene strain profiles: is a unique terpene that is considered a monoterpene. The aroma is musky and earthy. A lot of people say that it smells like clothes with a fruity aroma similar to grape wine. Myrcene can be found in mangoes. It is also present in a wide variety of cannabis strains.
- Alpha-Bisabolol strain profiles: is a terpene that possesses a fragrant floral aroma found in the Candia tree and chamomile flower. It is commonly used in the cosmetic industry and also present in a wide variety of cannabis strains.
- Camphene strain profiles: is a terpene that has a musky, earthy, pine-like scent.
- Terpineol strain profiles: is a floral, citrusy terpene with hints of apple blossoms and lilac. It is said to taste similar to mint or anise. The aroma makes it a popular ingredient in cosmetics as well as a flavouring agent for foods.
- Borneol strain profiles: is a terpene with a minty aroma found in herbs such as camphor, rosemary, and, yes, mint. It works as an insect repellent and is utilised through practices of traditional Chinese acupuncture.
- Delta 3 Carene strain profiles: produces a pleasing aroma similar to that of cypress trees. It is a terpene present in both cedar and pine trees as well as plants such as bell peppers, rosemary, and basil.
- Humulene strain profiles: It is common in hops and is said to have a spicy, earthy, woody tone. You can find humulene in sage, clove, and black pepper.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to cannabis terpenes and e liquids. These terpenes are not only found in cannabis, but they are found in abundance elsewhere in nature.
Terpene UK Flavor Profiles
Not only are terpenes enjoyed singularly, in many plants, including hemp and cannabis you will find certain terpene profiles that offer a distinct experience. Some of the favourite terpene profiles embraced by consumers today are as follows.
- Lemon Cherry Gelato Strain: offers a terpene profile rich in myrcene and limonene.
- Watermelon OG: offers a terpene profile rich in beta-caryophyllene, myrcene, limonene, and humulene.
- Monster Cookies Strain: offers a terpene profile rich in caryophyllene, humulene, and limonene.
- Skywalker OG: offers a terpene profile rich in alpha-pinene, myrcene, caryophyllene, and limonene.
- Zkittlez: offers a terpene profile rich in caryophyllene, humulene, and linalool.
- Sour Diesel: offers a terpene profile rich in myrcene and limonene.
- Super Silver Haze: offers a terpene profile rich in myrcene, caryophyllene, and limonene.
- Sunset Sherbet: offers a terpene profile rich in beta-caryophyllene, linalool, humulene, myrcene, terpineol, and alpha-pinene.
- Blue Dream: offers a terpene profile rich in myrcene, beta- caryophyllene, and pinene.
- Golden Pineapple: offers a terpene profile rich in terpinolene, beta- caryophyllene, and myrcene.
When you're looking for all the potential benefits of terpenes like these and many more, you can count on finding the terpenes you're looking for in all terpene and cannabinoid-rich, CBD products available on the market today.
Consume Terpene Rich CBD Oil Any Way You Choose
It doesn't matter which CBD oil you choose, if it is packed with terpenes, you are sure to feel the effects. Most often, people look at adding a full spectrum CBD oil to their daily routine as part of a smart lifestyle decision. Little do many of these people realize, beyond the smart lifestyle decision of adding a CBD product to a daily routine, a product such as full-spectrum CBD oil also comes loaded with terpenes. And as you can see, there are many potential benefits that come with terpenes.
Many brands of full-spectrum CBD oil comes in a wide variety of strengths that give you the versatility to consume terpene-rich full-spectrum CBD in a way that works for you. Let’s explore some of the great ways you can consume your favourite CBD Oil.
- Orally: It’s as easy as 1,2,3. First, choose your favourite CBD Oil and open the bottle. Next, squeeze the desired amount of full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate based CBD oil into the provided pipet. Last but not least, discharge the oil in the pipet into your mouth and swallow. That’s it. It really is as easy as 1,2,3.
- Sublingually You can take any CBD oil sublingually by simply placing a few drops under the tongue. Try not to swallow it straight away. If you leave it to sit for a few moments, it will be absorbed by the sublingual glands. Follow it down after a moment with your favourite beverage.
- Capsules: This is a popular way for those on the go and for those who love full-spectrum CBD oil but don't like the way that it tastes. You can get some veggie capsules online or from your local health store. Then all you have to do is add a measured amount of CBD oil to a capsule or two, and you're ready to go. Simply take them with your choice of beverage.
- Beverage: Just choose your favourite CBD oil and add the desired amount to your favourite beverage, and stir. Just like that, you have a CBD-infused beverage. Coffee, tea, juice, cocktails, and more.
- Food: Talk about a great way to consume CBD; try placing a few drops on your favourite foods. CBD Oil can be added to the top of pizza, pie, cookies, cake, steak, salad; you name it! Take your next culinary experience at home to the next level by infusing it with CBD Oil.
- Lotions and Soaps Making your very own CBD-infused lotions and soaps at home has never been this easy before. All you have to do is choose your favourite CBD Oil and add the desired amount to your product of choice, such as full spectrum cbd oil
You can also choose the consume terpenes via vape cartridges. Although each individual terpene instruction should be ready whether it is suitable to be used with vape cartridges. Vape cartridges are popular especially for cbd because using vape cartridges is convenient and one of the quickest methods to get cbd into your system. Vape Cartridges come in form of CBD Vape Kit, individual vape cartridges can also be bought pre-filled with the cbd e liquid or plain e liquid of your choice, although we only stock cbd e liquid and not e liquids that contain nicotine.
Now the only thing left to do is choose which CBD oil you want to try and ensure that it is packed full of terpenes that may benefit you in ways that you never thought possible. The only way to know how terpenes and CBD oil work for you is to give it try!